Resources for those interested in the academic achievement of kindergarten through grade six public school students; includes transition-to-school guidance.
implementation of the CCSS throughout California's educational system.
Approved on March 7, 2012, by the State Board of Education, the CCSS systems implementation plan is a living document that identifies major phases and activities in the implementation of the CCSS throughout California's educational system.
- Common Core State Standards Systems Implementation Plan for California (DOC; 9MB; Revised 30-Apr-2013) | PDF (Revised 30-Apr-2013)
- Common Core State Standards Systems Implementation – Significant Milestones Timeline
An interactive timeline to help you learn more about the significant milestones in CCSS implementation. Includes information regarding the development of CCSS-aligned curriculum frameworks, English language development standards, career technical education standards, and assessments. Also includes information regarding the transition to a new assessment system and the review of CCSS-aligned supplemental instructional materials.
- Appendix A: Local CCSS Systems Implementation Plan Template (DOC)
Each of California’s local educational agencies should develop its own local plan for CCSS systems implementation based on local needs and resources. To facilitate the process of local plan development, this section of the document offers a template organized around the significant milestones of CCSS systems implementation.
- Common Core State Standards Implementation Funds
Information about funds allocated to school districts, county offices of education, charter schools, and the state special schools to support CCSS implementation, authorized by Assembly Bill 86, Section 85 (Chapter 48, Statutes of 2013) of the Budget Act of 2013.
- CCSS Systems Implementation Guide
This resource, designed to support local CCSS implementation, provides suggestions and resources organized by the seven guiding strategies of the CCSS Systems Implementation Plan for California.
- Smarter Balanced Assessment Consortium (SBAC)
Information about the new generation of assessments.
- Sample Items and Performance Tasks
Smarter Balanced sample items illustrate the rigor and complexity of the English language arts/literacy and mathematics items and performance tasks students will encounter on the Consortium's next-generation assessments.
- Practice Tests
The Smarter Balanced Practice Tests are now available for grades three through eight and grade eleven in English-language arts and mathematics. The Practice Tests provide a preview of the Smarter Balanced assessments, but do not reflect the full range of content that students may encounter on the actual assessments.
- Sample Items and Performance Tasks
- Frequently Asked Questions (Revised 13-Mar-2013)
- Resources Listserv
Join the CCSS Resources listserv and receive information and updates regarding the implementation of the CCSS.
Important Links for Military Families
Official website of USAG Presidio of Monterey and child care information(CYS Services)
- Addresses transition issues for military children( MCEC)
- California Curriculum Standards
- School Quest-Research future schools( MCEC)
- Assistance for families with ANY issue(Military One Source)
- Scholarship information (National Military Family Association)
- Military School Liaison Officer Directory (military K-12 partners)
- Military housing
Common Core State Standards / Estándares Comunes de California
Parent Handbook for California Common Core State Standards
Spanish Translations of the CCSS are available on the Common Core en Español Web Site
Monterey Bay Aquarium News
Seen any of these creatures lately? We doubt it, since they live thousands of feet underwater! They're just a sample of the amazing, deep-sea animals found on the recent Monterey Bay Aquarium Research Institute (MBARI) Midwater Ecology Expedition, which is documenting the effects of declining oxygen concentrations on midwater communities. Follow their mission:
SPAC Meeting Agenda for November 2013
Syllabus of Guidance on Behavior-Related Issues
Behavioral Intervention Plans